Skip to main content

Is it three months already, Lionel?

 

Lionel Messi created history three months ago on this day

Is it three months already, Lionel?

Seems just like yesterday, that my heart felt full

And my life, complete.

When we shed happy tears

You and Me and millions of us

And the night had no end.

 

I have lived that day over and over and over again.

I am sure you have too

The excitement, the tension stifling the air

Agonies and ecstasies intertwined

The elation of that final kick

The realization of a lifelong dream.

 

I have lived that day from three months ago over and over again

Well aware of the glorious end.

And I have revelled in that excitement, that watershed moment.

When the world bowed to your genius.

I have bathed in that pure joy

just like it was yesterday.

 

Is it three months already, Lionel?

Perhaps

Or perhaps I haven't aged a day, still living each moment,

in fond remembrance,

Of the greatest night of my life.

Our lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2441139

“Hello, 2441139, Can you hear me, Bela Bose?” Anjan Dutta sang this song a decade back. And yet, to some people like me, it still rings a bell deep inside. Although the original song is quite pacy, Mr. Dutta performed an acoustic version sometime back, with his son, Neel, which really melts the heart. This song has a special memory of my childhood. As a child, we always look at things at a different perspective. We seldom realise the intensity of the moment. “2441139” was a fun song for me and my cousins in Coochbehar. We play the song until the last part, where Anjan Dutt repeated sings “Hello, 2441139; Hello, 2441139....” We would dial 2-4-4-1-1 (back those days, telephone number used to be of 5 digits). An old lady would pick up the phone and we would bring the receiver close to the speaker of the stereo and Anjan Dutt would do the rest. “Hello 2441139, Hello 2441139...” Then it was growing up and stages of infatuations, understanding love and finally, falling in love. Unless ...

Marriage Anniversaries, Time and Tide

  Match made in heaven, but perfected on Earth. Those who say Time and Tide wait for none are probably bachelors. Because married people will know that Mr. Time and Mr. Tide have to wait for their Mrs. Mr. Time will have to wait while the missus chooses a dress. Mr. Tide will have to sit solemnly with his wife and wait while she shops for new clothes. The bachelors of the world are unlikely to be abreast of such wisdom. It is only the married masses who have been enlightened with this resourceful information. I'm sure my married pals will agree. In private, of course. Interestingly, on this day, ten years ago, I registered my name among the enlightened bunch, the patient waiters. Sumita was officially promoted to the position of my better half. We were locked in wedlock, all set to face the world hand in hand. I used to imagine that sharing a house with me would be fun, but have, over time, realized that such a statement might not be entirely true. I do have a penchant fo...

A Letter to Dog-Heaven

How do you communicate with the departed? What if there’s no last meeting, what if You are 2 days late? In a first of its kind in my blog, I’m writing a letter to Dog-Heaven, where my beloved angel is probably spreading her love and her laughter… Dear Scamper, It’s been two months now, but I think of You every day. You are always in my mind. I’m sorry I couldn’t write to You earlier. I am sad. I am still gutted but I understand why You left my side. You have been fighting illness for the past 2 years and more, to the point where finally You had to give in. I am still hollow today, hurt beyond imagination at this loss. But don’t worry too hard, dear, I’ll make it through. I remember the first time I saw You, I remember it so clearly that I feel younger right this moment. I go back roughly 12 and a half years , that enchanting morning when the quirky 14 year old version of me rushed into the living room and saw You sitting solemnly in a little box. You little face was puzzled...

3 Idiots to 100 crore Idiots!

Next time someone calls me an Idiot, I’ll be glad! This exactly was my reaction after watching “3 Idiots”. The movie brings in different kinds of realisation into you. What I realised are: • We all need good friends to survive and stay alive. Friendship is more than having fun and hanging out, it’s standing up for one another. This movie makes me realise how lucky I am to have people who are always there for me, but more than that, it makes me sit back and wonder, am I that good a friend? That question, unfortunately is for someone else to answer! • Amir Khan is the best, simply the best performer there is! Be it is Bhuvan from Lagaan, ASP Rathod from Sarfarosh, Akash from Dil Chahta Hain, Nikumbh Sir from Taare Zameen Par or Rancho from 3 Idiots, He has done it all. Playing a college student when he’s 44, that’s a “Chamatkar” (couldn’t refer to the * word from 3 Idiots, this is a family blog!). I was a Amir Khan fan for as long as I remember and in 3 Idiots, he made me so glad and won...

Who is Aamir?

I have been taking a break from Blogging, far away from the cosy charms of writing, busy with manufacturing (and occasionally drinking) Coca Cola. The break would probably have been a bit longer with our production season keeping me busy with microbiological activities, had I not sat down on a Friday evening to watch a heart-warming movie called Aamir . In a country where a movie like Swades fails to entice human emotions and where a capped bugger with an over-expressive nose is a musical sensation, it’s hardly a wonder that Aamir mostly went unnoticed. I was deeply moved by the movie. The approach is very simple and appealing and the pace is wonderful. The whole movie is about a day in Aamir’s life. It’s strange, how it takes only a day to turn a life upside down. I was surprised by the way the movie ended, I half expected there to be a hero, who would banish the bad guys, free his family and get a wonderful damsel. Instead, I got Aamir. Aamir is a simple fellow, he’s no Arnold Sch...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *