Sunday, January 3, 2010

3 Idiots to 100 crore Idiots!

Next time someone calls me an Idiot, I’ll be glad!
This exactly was my reaction after watching “3 Idiots”. The movie brings in different kinds of realisation into you. What I realised are:
• We all need good friends to survive and stay alive. Friendship is more than having fun and hanging out, it’s standing up for one another. This movie makes me realise how lucky I am to have people who are always there for me, but more than that, it makes me sit back and wonder, am I that good a friend? That question, unfortunately is for someone else to answer!
• Amir Khan is the best, simply the best performer there is! Be it is Bhuvan from Lagaan, ASP Rathod from Sarfarosh, Akash from Dil Chahta Hain, Nikumbh Sir from Taare Zameen Par or Rancho from 3 Idiots, He has done it all. Playing a college student when he’s 44, that’s a “Chamatkar” (couldn’t refer to the * word from 3 Idiots, this is a family blog!). I was a Amir Khan fan for as long as I remember and in 3 Idiots, he made me so glad and won me over a thousand times again.
• I have to visit Ladakh sometime in this lifetime! I don’t know when. It’s strange that Indian film makers go for foreign locations when we have such exquisite places in India itself!
I was amazed by the movie. Fresh story and wonderfully, it’s one in which romance takes a back seat, while other values of life take the front row! Friendship, compassion, sacrifice, these are some of the values of life we learn about during growing up, but sadly when we do grow, they are left behind in the pages of the moral science text book. I see school students around, competing for that extra mark, while sadly the school play ground remains vacant during the afternoons. This was an issue I put up during a recent discussion with one of my teachers, and I remember what Sir said – “You were lucky then!” I remember my school days. We had a big school ground and a small ground adjacent to it, within the school compound. I remember that we never got chance to play soccer in the bigger ground as a kid. It was always filled with seniors with soccer boots on. We had a part of the smaller ground to ourselves, where we’d play. Studies were never the problem then, seniors with better soccer senses and skills were! But the desire was common among all of us friends, and we went on to the bigger ground too. Later on, even during my college and university days, never was my passion for the beautiful game jeopardised for studies.
If there was a competition to reach the ground then, there’s a competition now too. Then it was testing your ability and making yourself deserving; now it’s competing against the burden of studies and career. Thankfully we succeeded then, but unfortunately now, career and studies have the last laugh. Yes Sir, we were lucky!
The world has changed now, everything is fast. Take a breather and the world moves ahead and you spend the rest of your life playing catch up. It’s about time we gave ourselves a reason to stay alive, instead of following the trend. For me, my passion for soccer and music is what keeps me alive and helps me when the going gets tough!
Kudos 3 Idiots team, you have taken a step towards a better world. I look forward to the day when India will have 100 crore such Idiots to accompany the 4 ( yes, kindly count me in!)!

1 comment:

  1. Well written.....Yes...Hats off to the 3 Idiots team......
    And Deepungsu carry on writtihg like this...Have i ever told you...u r a wonderful writer.....n can express urself very nicely......Carry on............

    ReplyDelete

More from Deepungsu