Monday, February 15, 2010

Dil To Bachcha Hai Ji

Sometimes in life, you listen to a number and wonder if you are ever gonna listen to another good song. This is a fear most music lovers have deep within themselves, that maybe, one fine day, all the good music will be gone and we shall be left with only the nasal craps! Thankfully, our fears can never win over our faith and faith delivers yet again. Dil to Bahccha hai Ji is a sweet romantic melody about falling in love and it is so wonderfully composed that one can actually feel the emotions that make love so special. Rahet Fateh Ali Khan sings this wonderful number in “Ishqiya”.

This song takes me back to that wonderful year in school, mid 2001 to early 2002, when as a class 12 student, I experienced that special feeling. The walks through the basketball court, with my eyes on the class 11 veranda in the second floor.. “Aisi uljhi nazar unse hatti nehin...” Love is magical when it happens to you. The many sleepless nights, the effortless smile from inside just at the sight of Eden, my increasing heartbeats, my numb legs, this song makes me remember them all like I’m living that life again. The desire to face and the fears of being disposed, the moments of yearning and the evenings of pondering in the dark of what would become. The dream of a life together and the harshness of a reality apart, of realisation and yet the heart and mind seldom listen to reasoning! Of the lonely evenings spent in silence, of the many words not said, and the feeling deep inside that could not be expressed, this song takes me to a time so close to my heart.

This song is of the thousand poems written and then destroyed later. And about the final three still left, which provided agony and then ecstasy!

Thank you, Mr Gulzar (Lyricist), Mr. Vishal Bhardwaj (Composer) and Mr. Rahat Fateh Ali Khan. You made my day. I would do anything to go back to that time of my life.......

4 comments:

  1. solid dissection of a awesome song. I can't write better, so I will be forwarding this to places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bro... Nice to know you like it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love is such a sweet.. exquisite feeling n music is the best way to express it.
    here you are elucidating this symphony in the best n the sweetest possible way!!
    nice.....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, this song really takes me back to a bygone era, even now.. And this is exactly how I remember those beautiful days of uncertainty, days that have almost got lost now somewhere..
    Btw, it's always great to be appreciated!
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

More from Deepungsu